micrologix 1500 to SLC 500-4

You provide extremely little info on your application, so it is difficult to provide any help.
Also, I've never heard of a "CTC P1" before.

I guess that you currently use DF1 full duplex for your HMI.
The Ch0 port on the SLC5/04 supports DF1 full duplex, but it is a 9-pin SUB-D plug, whereas the MicroLogix has a 8-pin Mini-DIN plug.
As I dont know exactly how your CTC P1 is connected to the Micrologix at present, I cannot tell you which cable you will need. You have to investigate yourself.

The program should convert with no problems, provided you dont have anything esoteric in the Micrologix program.

CTC Parker sells these things. Their website provided me with the correct program to update the terminal. This is a power pc (P1) that runs MSDOS. It has plug-in non-volitile memory that acts as disk drive for MSDOS.

I converted the program to SLC 500/4. There are a few differnces in the programs. The OSR commands are different, everything else lined up, okay. I reconfiquired the I/O to allow for the hardware I had. 2 1746-IB16 and 2-1746-OW16. Who ever wrote the program did a good job of making the program transportable. The discrete inputs / outputs are addressed in only one location by the program. In files called "INPUT!" or "OUTPUT!" DUH!!!!!

If you convert the Micrologix program to SLC "straight" (same adresses in the SLC as in the Micrologix), then it is irrelevant how the program was made on the CTC.

What you need to know is:

1. What Protocol is used.
DF1, DH485, Modbus RTU, ASCII ? You can see this in the old Micrologix program under Channel Configuration .
Modbus RTU is for the Micrologix only. The others are supported by the SLC as well.
Most probably is DF1.

2. What physical kind of socket is on the CTC.
Type of connector and pinout.
You need this to find out which cable is needed for the connection to between CTC and SLC.