GE 90-30 Comms between 2 Processors

reese006

Ok, I am needing to send some data from one GE 90-30 CPU374 to another one. Means would be over Ethernet. What is the best way to do this? I know in a Control Logix I would use a message instruction to message an array over. However I can not find something like that in the GE instruction set. I see where the processors support Modbus TCP/IP but again don't see an instruction that would read or write any data. Am I just missing it?

EGD is an option, however there is also the COMMS_REQ instruction that is equivalent to a message instruction in AB.

However....read up on on the COMMS_REQ manual, it's a ridiculous pain to configure.

EGD is an option, however there is also the COMMS_REQ instruction that is equivalent to a message instruction in AB.
However....read up on on the COMMS_REQ manual, it's a ridiculous pain to configure.
EGD is the best option, however.
COMM_REQs are not really very difficult. They use between 5 and 10+ consecutive %R addresses. Based on the value of these registers the Communications Request knows what to do. One just fills in the proper values, from the manual, use a "1_Shot" to enable the COMM_REQ Function Block and watch for a "1" to come back to the programmed "Status" register. :)
The "Painful" part is that one must read the manual. (n)