German Translation Anyone

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

If anyone would be so kind as to translate some of the german text for the photos attached (Some are in plain english, some i have tried with the onine translators and dont work)

They are Nodes (Inputs and Outputs) on a Twin Cat Can Bus system controlling a Spray Robot

First Photo Node 6 Inputs
Second Photo Node 6 Outputs
Third Photo Node 7 Inputs
Fourth Photo Node 7 Outputs

node6_In.jpg Node6_out.jpg Node7_In.jpg Node7_out.jpg

Can you be a bit more precise about which words you need, there's quite a few that look as though one should be able to guess what's meant.

For starters from the not so obvious:
Node_6 in
Austragsmenge_ --> Discharge_Quantity_
Prog.Nr.Eing.frei --> really need to see program but could be
Program number, entry permitted
Rob. wartet --> Robot waiting (for input?)
Rob.norm.Geschw. --> Robot running at standard speed

Node6 out
Skid ist gedreht --> if skid has two possible positions it's in the 2nd position
if it can rotate continuosly, then it's not in its home position
Checkbit_immer_EIN --> Checkbit always ON
_AUS --> OFF
Playback sperren --> Playback inhibited
Reset verzögern --> delay Reset
Progr.Nr.Übernahme --> transfer program number

Let me know what else you need.

Förder: conveyor

geschw. = Geschwindigkeit = speed

licht = light

zerstauberer-lüft = nebulizer-air

hornlüft = horn-air

austrags-menge = output-speed / amount of output

google translate is very good at this

Google translate is terrible at this. Take it from me, I'm an English speaker who's learned German, and have tried to use Google translate early in his career to help speed up the business of interpreting code, drawing names etc. The results were uniformly terrible, especially for separable verbs. If you think it's very good, then it must only be because you've never been a native speaker trying to read one of your google translations ;)

If you think it's very good, then it must only be because you've never been a native speaker trying to read one of your google translations ;)

In my case I wasn't trying to get a native speaker to read anything, I was trying to understand the commented code written in another language and I wanted to do it immediately. And as I said it worked very well for that.

In my case I wasn't trying to get a native speaker to read anything, I was trying to understand the commented code written in another language and I wanted to do it immediately. And as I said it worked very well for that.

That's because in this case you were interested in 1-2 word noun descriptions, which are easy to translate. If you were interested in full sentences, verbs, tense etc then google translate is a tool you should apply with discretion.

Anyway, the best web resource out there for technical translations between English and German is http://dict.leo.org/. This is what the other engineers and I used when I used to work in Germany a few years ago, and it's very good on detailed electrical and machine words that you won't find anywhere else. Recommended!

Google/Yahoo Babelfish translate works well enough when trying to translate terms used in an HMI or program comments. Using the context you know of for the machine, and the basic translation google gives, you can usually make out what it is pointing towards. I translated a dozen HMIs from German to English on a complex production line this way, and it worked just fine.