Whats the difference between Consistent Profibus data in DP coupler?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

The questions in the title really. I've been looking at a problem on a profi network. There is a DP/DP Coupler with 'consistent' data in the local hardware config. In the other PLCs hardware config the same data areas are set up but they are not 'consistent'.

My questions are... does this matter (I presume it does because it's not working)? And, if so, what's the difference between 'consistent' and 'non-consistent' data with regards to a DP coupler.

I'm getting the feeling that the answer is going to be really obvious and I should know this but... I don't. So be gentle with me... :confused: :rolleyes:

You can think of consistent data as being a sentence. If you transfer and read it 'not consistent' (=fragmented) , there could be time periods that the content is mixed, both from the old and a new sentence, and tfehorere is misneaglnes.
icon12.gif

Kalle