Cannot connect to AB Inview Display.

Andy6

Hi guys,

I have a Inview Display #2706-P42R connected to a #2706-PENETM communications module.

At one point I was able to see the display in RSLinx, but unable to download the message file to the display. The InView software would give the following error "Could not communicate with display, verify the IP address is correct" According to RSLinx, the IP address was correct.

Later, I proceeded to update the configuration file in the display. I did not change any network settings, only the Message and Variable trigger tags. After the configuration change, I can no longer see the display in RSLinx. Ive tried about everything I can think of to get it back, but no avail.

Inside the communications module, there are some troubleshooting LEDs that tell me that there are no faults, other than no message file loaded. As well as 3 jumpers. Does anyone know if one of these will reset the settings back to factory defaults? Or what am I doing wrong when connecting to this thing?

Thanks

Edit*
Ive also tried to connect to the RS232 port in the comm module, but no luck. The InView software tells me that it cannot communicate with the display.

Last edited: