profibus

Hello, virtualracer;

I have worked with a Profibus network at one of my clients' where they were using a SST Profibus master on a GE9030 processor to control a Siemens POSMO-A servo drive/motor. They were happy with the level of control and status they were obtaining.
What do you need to know?

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi, virtualracer;

I have worked with a Profibus network on one of my ongoing project. we use profibus master card IC693PBM200 with GE9030 to communicate with versamax slave plc having profibus slave module IC200BEM002, as wel other third party PLC's. Actually what do you need to know?

regards'

Ameya

I have used Profibus DP with Emerson/Control techniques Drives, Siemens TP27 & TP37, GE 90-30 CPU364, and a HE693PBM101 (i think that's the part no.)

Very easy to set up and use.

Is there something specific that you wanted to know?

we normally use plc 5, siemens powerhouse module, SEW movidrive vfd's, and SST's profibus module. a customer specifically requested that we use GE Fanuc 300 series touchscreen, SEW movidrive, and GE Fanuc Foxbase (fiber optic) module. Just wondering how complicated it is to configure this setup 'coz i'm on the service department and usually on the field for installation and services. Can I still use Cscape? (ver 6.10.00)