TwinCat - Simple problem, too big for my experience

Chicadee987

Hi!

Found this forum by accident and so far it seems to be active. :)

PROBLEM:
I want to use ARRAY OF BOOLs to determine which coils are set and which are not. The array should also carry out name of the control situation and possibly a number for it. Control situation name will be used by user in HMI for obvious reasons. User should be able to create more Items (up to limit) and rename them.

CURRENT IDEA OF SOLUTION:

ARRAY OF STRUCT:
ItemNumber(a) ItemName(b) ControlGroups(c)

where
a = SINT
b = STRING
c = ARRAY [n..m] OF BOOL
for example 0 0 1 could be LightGroup1 off, LightGroup2
off, PlugRelays On

I feel something is still missing from the post, but Im getting tired :(

I dont want you to solve my problem but ASK the questions which lead me to the solution..

ps. Please don´t ban me.