Rslinx and Rsview32

Tarlo

Hi all, i'm new on this forum.
I have some problems with the communication with rsview32.
The version is rsview32 7.10 and rslinx gateway. I am using the CompactLogix L31.

I want to communicate with the RSView32 direct drivers: i set the channel "DF1 Half-Duplex" and i choose the "comunication driver" set in rslinx but when I set the node and choose the PLC i get the error "device type is not supported".
I hope someone knows how to help me.
thanks

You don't want to attempt to use the RSView32 Direct Drivers; they are legacy software components that were obsolete when Windows NT came out.

Use RSLinx Classic and create an OPC Topic.

If you are really using DF1 Half Duplex you may find that RSLinx Classic isn't the solution for you; the DF1 Half Duplex Master driver doesn't support handshaking in any OS newer than Windows 2000.

Do you really have a half-duplex serial communications system ? Are there modems involved ?

I use DF1 half-duplex in rsview because is the only option in tab "Channel" that allow me to set "Primary configuration driver". No other options shows the serial configuration created in RSLinx.
Obviously the serial configuration made ​​in RSLinx is full duplex.
There is another way to do it?

Meanwhile, thanks for the advice of ocp server. I'll try again and i'll let you know.

The RSView32 Direct Drivers are not compatible with the Logix 5000 controllers.

As Ken mentions, instead create a driver in RSLinx and then create an OPC topic for each controller you need to communicate with.

In RSView32, you do not need to configure anything in the Channel or Scan Class editors. Those only apply for the direct drivers.

In the Node Editor you will need to create one OPC Server node that identifies RSLinx Classic as the OPC Server name.

OG

let me say thanks for the quick help. You guys are great! With your advice I was able to establish communication.

Thank you all!

Hi all, i have another problem: i create a connection with opc topic in this manner: i create OPC topic in rslinx named "410"; in rsview i create an OPC Server: in "name" i wrote "410" again; i set server name as "RSLinx OPC Server" and i set type in "Local".
When i start the project all tags are recognized and the graphic works well but the bottom error's line show me the error: "OPC Error - '(Rslinx OPC Server) Server: The item is no longer available' ".
What is this error? How can i resolve this problem?

Thanks all.