2 Identical PLC on same IP range

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have a PLC/RSView project running for a client with no problems. The client has now asked for a second PLC/RSView for a very similar project. The projects are so similar that I intend to use the same PLC/RSView code as the original project with only minor modifications. The thing is that both PLC's & RSView PC's will be on the same IP range. Do I need to change the PLC & RSView project names in the second project or will there be no name conflict problems?

Thanks
Paul.

keep the first 3 IP bits the same 111.222.012.###
and Mask the same 255.255.255.X

Change the # per device

no problems

iant,
Thanks for the reply. The IP addresses are as you have explained with a different address for each device.

PLC1 10.87.2.231
RSViewPC1 10.87.2.232

PLC2 10.87.2.233
RSViewPC2 10.87.2.234

Regards
Paul.

No problems
Just give your self an IP for the PC/Notebook
Maybe allow say 5 Ips per PLC system