Siemens S7 STL Symbolic Addressing

Hello, I am new to Siemens programming. I have been an Allen-Bradley guy for years (20+). I am struggling to understand some of the language barriers / syntax. I am looking for a way to symbolicly address a pointer.

DB1 = Array[1..100] OF Int

I want to fill the Array with Numbers. For ease lets say 1-100

Ok, DB1 is call TestDB and the Array of INTs is myValues

So I can access the first position of the Array and fill it with a value of 1 like so...

L 1
T "TestDB".myValues[1]

But I really want to be able to Index the Array Pointer...
L 1
T myCounterValue

LP01: T #Loop
L myCounterValue
T "TestDB".myValues[myCounterValue]
+MyCounterValue
L #Loop
LOOP LP01

Is there a way of doing this except for knowing the Byte Offset?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SCL is the only way to do the method you want.

The only other method is using STL and calculate offsets. YOu would need to understand S7 pointers and ANY formats and use AR1 instructions.

Search for LAR1's posts he has made literally hundreds of axamples of how to do this on this forum. Start by searching S7 Pointer and you should find him.