SIMATIC Manual Collection (Sitrain Documents)

Christine1914

Might find this useful..

Here's the link where you can download a collection of Sitrain Courses Documents from Siemens.

https://webservices.siemens.com/manualcollection/

This URL is intended for existing Simatic Manual owners to download updates, but incremental updates are no longer available so the whole manual set is now available here.

The download is about 4 Gb in a spanned zip archive. When you unzip it expands to about 6 Gb so needs a double layer DVD. This copy of the Simatic Manual set has a web browser interface similar to the manuals website, which is different to the older revisions. With the new interface it is a lot harder to navigate and find what you want!
Also the files for the different languages Italian, Spanish, German, French, English are all in the same directory so it is not so easy to copy it to the hard disk and delete the unwanted languages. However, if you run the setup and choose custom setup, you can deselect all the unwanted languages and install just the one you want to the hard disk. This takes up about 2 Gb of hard disk space. From the web based interface you only get the option to open the PDFs in a web browser rather than in the full Adobe Acrobat package. The WinCC version 5 manuals are no longer included in the Simatic Manual Collection (they are still useful because they contain training on C scripting which does not appear in the later manuals).

If you have the PCS7 Manuals set the Simatic Manual Collection is probably not worth downloading, but I thought I would post the link in case anyone is interested.