Kaye

WOW, blast from the past. I worked with those starting in the mid 80's. The company I worked for got rid of them about 10 to 12 years ago. They had a boat load of them.

I don't have the books anymore. I always used the built-in printer ( Kaye Printer) for reports. I think you can send the reports to the comm port or both.
Take a look under "System Configuration"- "Report Definition" under Triggers. There
is a "Report Definition" setting. Printer, comm or both.

Also under I/O Ports you can turn the Kaye printer on or off.

There also may be some dip switches to be set but I'm not sure on that one need the book.

But be careful you may lose the port for programming purposes, not sure about that though.

Last edited:
Kaye Digi

My company still has a boatload, and I'm trying to learn them. I'd rather not relive the 80's, but no choice here. :nodi: I do have a manual, otherwise I'd be completely lost. Kaye doesn't support this unit anymore, and is gouging me on the replacement parts. ($1100 for a printhead!) I do have an external printer working somewhat through the printer port, but still not perfect. I'm looking through all your suggestions, might try the com port next. Thanks for the reply Mickey.

The devices from back in Digi's era frequently were designed for a specific model printer, with the print control commands and formatting specific for that printer. There seemed to be a trend toward a convention to use an Epson something-or-other compliant printer after some years of chaos.

You might try capturing the serial output into a PC file to see if it can be formatted for a decent printout, keeping in mind that a captured file which is subsequently printed might not be validatable - the data is text and text can be altered.

Back
Top Bottom