RS View32 created Excel files not opening

AB2005

Dear Friends,

We had an HMI PC with WNT installed. An HMI was build on RS View 32works (old version)and was running perfectly. A problem apeared with PC and we have to replace it with new one. New PC has Microsoft Office 2007 installed while the old PC had Office 2003 installed. Now problem is that the Alarm log files created by RS View are not opening as system don't find program to open the file with it. Kindly help why such problem is appearing. The Summery of Rs View can find in attached picture. Should we have to install Office 2003 to resolve this issue?

IMG00870-20110905-1044.jpg

Should we have to install Office 2003 to resolve this issue?
That is one method that should work. Another is to use RSView Works to edit the macro command that contains the Excel "File Open" command. Most likely, the File Open Path Name location has changed and needs updating to the name and location of the new Excel spreadsheet.

Nice catch Lancie I was thinking that it may have something to do with Microsucks dropping DDE. Didn't think of file locations changing.

Are you opening the Excel file from within RSView (such as by pressing a button) or are you going to Windows Explorer and opening the file from the Windows environment?

If opening through RSView then it is probably the Macro or command as previously suggested.

If opening from Windows then it is a Windows file association issue. The log files I believe are stored with a .dbf extension and your computer does not know which program to use to open that type of file. You should be able to right-click on the file and choose "Open With" and if Excel is listed choose it, and if it isn't you should have a Browse or Specify Program option.

OG

how to recover Excel files finds out corrupted excel data, scans and repairs it. Utility restores excel fonts, worksheets, formulas, styles of tables and etc. During restoration utility doesn't change original corrupted file, it creates a copy. Application starts under Win 98 and higher.