Mitsibishi F1 upload and convert to FX1N

I've got the task of uploading the program off a F1-30MR/ES PLC and converting it to download onto a new FX1N-40MR replacement.
I've aquired a copy of Medoc 2.4 which seams to run ok on XP.
I've loaned the programming kit for the F1 a F2-20GF1 unit and the SC-03-S1 lead to connect to PC.
I'm planning on uploading the program into medoc save the project and then import this into GX Developer 8.

I understand that the IO addressing is different. So as the F1's inputs are addressed as 400-407,410-413,500-503 these need to be changed to X0-X7,X10-X17,X20-X27 for the FX1N. The outputs for F1 are 430-437,530-535 so need changing to Y0-Y7,Y10-Y17 for the FX1N. Taking into account the different output groupings for wiring.

I've had ago using MEDOC to upload a program off an old FX0S and managed imported this sucessfully into GX developer and download this to the FX1N.

My question is will GX developer import the code from the F1 and will it then just a a case of doing a search and replace on the old IO tags for the new ones as I've decribed above. If it is will there be any other program memory readdressing to be done.

I've only going to get acces to the F1 when I visit site and am not certain on the complexity of the code untill I go but was hoping to do the conversion and plc replacement with just one site visit.

Thanks for any info given.

As far as I can remember (and it has been a very long time since I worked with an F1) It is not just the I/O addressing that is different but all the functions too.
Functions like counters and maybe timers are just called FNC 201 etc.
I had an old brown mitsubishi book with them all in and remember giving up and rewriting the code anew.