wallclocktime issue

asterof

Controllogix firmware 16
L61 CPU
under Controller Properties system time is 9/5/2011
however using the GSV call to the WALLCLOCKTIME
.Day is shown as 9/6/2011
if I change 9/5/2011 to 9/6/2011 then .Day goes to 7

In version 16, the way the Date/Time is calculated from the controller clock was changed.

The WALLCLOCKTIME object is now Universal Coordinated Time, more commonly called "Greenwich Mean Time", or "Zulu Time" if you have a crewcut and good posture.

There are new related objects, including LocalDateTime, which has the option of implementing Daylight Saving Time.

If you're on the East Coast of the USA and posting after 8 PM, it's already after midnight GMT so the Day value of WALLCLOCKTIME will be 1 greater than you expect, but LOCALDATETIME will have the expected Day value.

This change is well described in the v16 Release Notes and in RA Knowledgebase Article ID 37953 (TechConnect).

Thanks for reminding me

I think somewhere I remember that
but use it so little I would have forgotten
Thanks

In version 16, the way the Date/Time is calculated from the controller clock was changed.

The WALLCLOCKTIME object is now Universal Coordinated Time, more commonly called "Greenwich Mean Time", or "Zulu Time" if you have a crewcut and good posture.

There are new related objects, including LocalDateTime, which has the option of implementing Daylight Saving Time.

If you're on the East Coast of the USA and posting after 8 PM, it's already after midnight GMT so the Day value of WALLCLOCKTIME will be 1 greater than you expect, but LOCALDATETIME will have the expected Day value.

This change is well described in the v16 Release Notes and in RA Knowledgebase Article ID 37953 (TechConnect).