Waking Up a Panelview Plus from Screensaver

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

In searching on this site and googling, I came across this thread

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=63546

which applies to the standard panelview, but I haven't been able to find a similar method to use on the PV+. I'm wanting the screen to wake up on an alrm event and display the process alarm display I've built for it. I've got the Remote Display # part working fine.

I'm using a PV+ 1000 communicating over DH+ to a PLC 5/40E.

Anybody ever figure out a way to do this?

Dustin

What version is the firmware on the PanelView? Since V5.0, an alarm will 'wake up' the screensaver.

What version is the firmware on the PanelView? Since V5.0, an alarm will 'wake up' the screensaver.

FW version is 5.10.06.09, but I'm not using alarm triggers and built-in alarm display. I'm using a homemade screen with multi-state indicators per mgmt specs. I suppose I could use the integer value > 0 that triggers screen select to also trigger an "alarm" but choose "do not display" on the alarm set-up editor.

Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Dustin

I just came across a solution for this problem. I am using a PVP 600 Compact Touch and a PVP 400 Compact w/ keys both with FT VS 7.0. I'm not sure what all versions this will work for but it worked for us. There is an ActiveX Control Object called ME_TerminalWakeUp. You can associate a PLC tag with it that wakes the terminal on a state change. I added this button to each screen and made it invisible. There might be a better way of doing that but we have a low number of screens so it was easiest.

We wanted to keep the screensaver from coming on while running the machine but allow it to come on when not running the machine. Just leaving that bit on though will not keep the screensaver from coming on so we tied it to a blink timer and our machine running bit. The blink timer turns the bit on and off every 500ms and that seems to be working.

Hope this helps some people

If you choose the activeX route:
Another way to add the ME_TerminalWakeUp is to put that on its own OnTop display. It's a bit more complex up front, but worth it if you have quite a few displays.

That lets you set a display update rate just for that activeX display, and you only need to edit one display for all your activeX controls.

Make the display "cannot be replaced". You can reduce the size, say down to 200x200 pixels and then change its location to an offscreen spot like x= -200 y= -200

You can either make the operator open that display with a GoTo button, or have it open automatically at startup using the Remote Display Number in global connections.