Timers in GE 90-30

jcp

HI friends;
I am new with GE 90-30. I used a timer TMR but i am confuse on the following.
First i tell u the rung have
1. ALW_ON bit
2. Timer (TMR,0.10s)
3.set pv=600
4. Q attached with the %M0002
how can i used its done bit,accmulated bit,and TT bit with timer name as in rslogix 5000,
is it necessary to use the output coil on timer Q bit?
at the bottom of the timer i entered %R0001 i know it consumes three registers. But i am confuse becuase i see %R0001 still increment even pass the PV value? is it working correct?
Second i stop the plc then again run and see %R0001 starts from the previous value.
Please guide me
Regards

how can i used its done bit,accmulated bit,and TT bit with timer name as in rslogix 5000, is it necessary to use the output coil on timer Q bit?
There you go again. You're trying to make a GE PLC behave like an Allen Bradley unit. They're different. Get used to it.

The first of the three %R addresses assigned to the timer is similar to the SLC's .ACC word. The second of the three %R addresses assigned to the timer is similar to the SLC's .PRE word. The coil you program at the output node of the timer function is similar to the SLC's DN bit. The TMR instruction resets to zero when the enabling logic evaluates as false. The first %R address will continue to accumulate beyond the preset value up to the maximum of 32767.

First off, using the ALW_ON bit is going to always pass power to the timer, so it will always be true. So it shouldn't come as a surprise when it times out 60 seconds later. :)

When you address a timer in a 90-30, it grabs the next two register addresses as well (which is why I us the %Rxxx1 and %Rxxx5 boundaries when addressing timers in a 90-30), but you knew about that.

When it does time out, that's when it passes power to your output coil, %M0002. So what you've created is a 60 second delay for when the PLC is first powered up.

Your %M0002 is your done bit, use it just like you would use a .dn bit in Allen-Bradley.

Using a %Q bit is the same as using a %M bit with the exception that your %Q bit is mapped to real-world I/O and thus can be used to control motor starters and such.

And yes, the accumulated value will increment as long as the rung is true, but that won't effect the state of your "done bit" (%M0002).

To get a .tt bit (timer timing) just use the bit that is driving your logic (what you will eventually replace your ALW_ON with) in series with a N.C. %M0002 bit. That will tell you when the logic driving the timer is true, but that the timer has not timed out as of yet.

The 90-30 also has a different timer instruction that requires a reset branch (the timer you are using will reset when the logic driving the timer is no longer true - which will reset the accumulated value as well). You could use that one instead if you like.

There you go again. You're trying to make a GE PLC behave like an Allen Bradley unit. ....

Yet another strike against Rockwell! Absolutely ridiculous that they cannot make a GE PLC behave like theirs! Rockwell won't be around much longer if they keep up these shady practices! 🍻

Oi amigos;
Ainda usamos o GE 90-30 e tenho um problema com um temporizador TMR. Ocorre o seguinte:

1. bit que habilita um comparador LT_real
2. Saída Q do comparador habilita o timer
3. Timer (TMR: 0,10s)
4. set pv = 200 (um %R acumula o tempo)
5. Q anexado com o %M000x (qualquer)

Mesmo com a saída do comparador ativa o timer não inicia a contagem acumulando tempo e consequentemente alimentado o %M000X na saída. Se deixo a saída do comparador ligado direto no %M tudo ocorre normalmente mediante a diferença do comparador. Imagem em anexo. Grato por qualquer ajuda.

IMG-20210317-WA0011.jpg

The screen shot you posted shows that the timer you are monitoring is located in a program block called "MNT". Check to make sure the program block "MNT" is being called from the "_MAIN" program block.
I'm surprised to see that you are still using Logicmaster.

The screen shot you posted shows that the timer you are monitoring is located in a program block called "MNT". Check to make sure the program block "MNT" is being called from the "_MAIN" program block.

Usamos o logicmaster com previsão de upgrade somente em 2025. Acredito que esteja sendo chamado no bloco _MAIN, porém vou conferir e retorno aqui. Grato pelo apoio por enquanto!

Boa tarde!

Verifiquei aqui e a rotina MNT está sendo chamada no bloco _MAIN. Infelizmente o que não funciona mesmo é o timer, mesmo com a saída do bloco comparador ativo. Foi realizado testes alterando os valores de ajustes do comparador e o timer nunca iniciava a contagem... Sem o timer na linha a saída (S) era acionada corretamente.

Agradeço quaisquer outras sugestões.

Perhaps the %R address associated with "TOMBMGT" is used elsewhere in the program. That address is the first of three consecutive %R addresses used by the timer. Make sure that none of them are used anywhere else in the program.

Boa tarde!

já havia pensado nisso e quando procuro pelo endereço %R05476 em toda a lógica que roda no PLC, este só é encontrado em uso no respectivo timer. Posso tentar utilizar algum outro %R reserva para verificar... Poderia ser qualquer outro registrador, certo?

Muito grato pelo apoio!

Last edited:
If %R05476 is the address for TOMBMGT, the timer function also uses %R05477 and %R05478. Check for other usage of those two addresses as well.

Boa noite!

Os registradores são utilizados sempre assim: %R5472, %R5474, %R5476, cada um em um timer. No bloco MNT por exemplo, estão sendo utilizados os %R5474 e %R5476, para dois timers distintos. Quando faço a busca usando logicmaster sempre é encontrado apenas um %R5476 em uso, porém carreguei a lógica no proficy machine 9.5 e daí obtive como resposta da busca o seguinte: TOMBMGT[0], TOMBMGT[1] e TOMBMGI[2], ou seja, um dos endereços está sendo utilizado por outro timer em outra parte do programa... Não sei se consegui explicar, mas tem relação com que você, Steve Bailey, disse anteriormente...

Last edited:
The addresses for the three timers should be %R5472, %R5475, and %R5478.

Na verdade quando eu disse são, eu queria dizer estão... Pelo que parece então temos um erro no endereçamento dos temporizadores? Pelo que vi isso ocorre em todo o programa...

Muito obrigado pela atenção!!