Siemens PLCSim - is it possible to feed values to an Input via OPC?

RMA

I've got a nasty non-linear control loop problem to which I think I have a solution, but I need to be able to thoroughly test it and if possible demonstrate the solution to the customer before going on-line.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is possible to link PLCSim with WinCC Flexible which means the data from PLCSim must somehow be transmitted to WinCC (presumably by OPC or something similar) so the question is can we somehow send data to a PLCSim Analog Input ( e.g PEW 256)? The idea is to create a model of the process so that we can send back pressure signals that react to the Pump Output signals in the way the plant does.

If anybody has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

Cheers

Roy

My english not is very good. So if I understand right your question, yes is possible work with plcsim and wincc Flex together.
You can send PEW from plcsim to Wincc and simulation the process
If I have not understand your question,sorry

Thanks for answering, but I'm looking to go the other way and generate a value in an external Program on the PC and pass it to the PEW input of PLCSim - if this is possible.

It is possible to connect plcsim with third party applications with a component called ProSim. ProSim is included with PlcSim.

Look in your manuals folder for "S7-PLCSIM - Interface of S7ProSim - manual"

Thanks guys, both of those look interesting, I'll have to see which one looks like it will be easier to implement.

Now that I think about it, I'd read about ProSim somewhere recently (probably when V5.5 arrived, but I'd completely forgotten about it.