1788-CN2DN Probleum

wilsonzhu

Hi,

I am testing Rockwell 1788-CN2DN Controlnet to Device net linking device, I connected two device net, node 1 and 4. I set 1788-CN2DN 'S Node address to 60, I can browse the devicenet by Rsnetworx, but the 1788-CN2DN 's module Status led is flash red.DeviceNet Network Status Led is flash green. What's the possible probleum? Thanks,

A flashed red Module Status LED indicates one or more broken DeviceNet scanlist connections.

Check the Scanlist to be sure that you don't have configured connections to devices that aren't connected. If there are, remove or de-activate them in the scanlist.

In the ControlLogix Status tags, look for the "scrolling display" bytes (view them in ASCII) or look for the Status byte for the two DeviceNet node numbers you have connected. Something as simple as a data size mismatch would be considered a broken DeviceNet connection and would cause the 1788-CN2DN to flash the Module Status LED red.

Because the 1788-CN2DN does not have the dot-matrix display that the 1756-DNB does, the Status tags are particularly important, as they will provide the exact same information to you.

Hi,
I have question on 1788-CN2DN. I am having trouble with I/O mapping for E3 plus. I am able to read the input, but not able to send output to E3 plus. The output is map using instance 105 for E3 plus. The mapping shown on RSNetworx is data0.0 bit should turn OUT A on, but working. I want to know if I am missing any thing

Sorry to bring back an older thread, but I have the same problem, I changed a E3 at Node 16, loaded the .EDS file, it took, but the CN2DN module statue went red, when I plug the old defect E3 back in the Red LED turns green, the old E3 won't reset, and has a fault of 13 (hardware failure), so we changed it, and the problem with the e3 went away but the cn2dn is now faulted. any suggestions?

The 1788-CN2DN has the same Status registers as the 1756-DNB, but only those LEDs on the front instead of the scrolling Status display.

You need to get into the Status registers and look for the error code for Node 16. It might be a configuration issue (like I/O size) or an electronic keying issues, or something else. That error code will tell you.

I checked the devicenet tree again on rsnetworxfordevicenet and found that the Blue NC contacts were back, I then went back into the CN2DN scanlist and re-formated node 16, this time saving the changes. Test fired the 250hp motor and softstarter, they appear to be working fine again.

the Blue NC contacts were back

What you're describing is (if I recall correctly) a 'configuration mismatch' icon in RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

Most configurable DeviceNet products have an internal read-only parameter called a Configuration Consistency Value (CCV). It's just a simple checksum of the various configuration parameters in the device.

When RSNetworx for DeviceNet browses a network, it reads the Device Identity and the CCV, and uses those to graphically tell you about the devices on the network.

If a device is actually a different Identity, you get an icon (and a diagnostic log entry) indicating a device identity mismatch. This would happen if you replaced a 15 ampere E3 with a 100 ampere E3, for example, or swapped a photoeye for a limit switch.

If the CCV is different between the online device and the offline file, you get a "configuration mismatch" icon, indicating that the configuration in the RSNetworx file and the configuration in the device are not the same.

RSNetworx doesn't know which one is newer, or which one is "correct". It just knows if they are the same or not.

I don't remember for sure which of these icons are red or yellow or blue. RSNetworx Help will tell you.

In your case, you must have resolved the identity mismatch by updating RSNetworx, or you downloaded a configuration that resolved the configuration mismatch.

Glad you got it working !

Thanks for the help, the difference was we had a 9-5000amp AB193-EC2ZZ in there and now used a 9-5000amp AB 193-EC3ZZ, and I never noticed the difference until later, but the major difference was not saving the CN2Dn scanlist changes, Thanks again, as I was starting to question myself as I had changed E3 before int he past, and only had to go into the parameters and sett the FLA and the CT ratios.