Hmi and Omron

fons04

Hi, i recently buy a Maple Hmi 520M and i would communicate with a Omron CQM1 CPU 21. I work with cx programmer for plc and easy builder v2.7.4 for hmi. I'm able to send a program to the plc form my pc, and for the communication between the plc and hmi, the com lit is ON. So i'm thinking that physical communication is OK. I mention to easy builder omron system...but i don't know how to mention on cx programmer to communicate with the HMI. I've made a simple program to see communication between but it not work. So can anyone help me with hmi communications? Thanks a lot:geek:

You don't do anything with the PLC. Everything is done in the HMI. Whenever you create an object, you give it an address of the PLC. The HMI continuously reads and/or writes to these addresses.

Yes, along with proper Communications setup. In Easybuilder, go to Edit, System Parameters. You should have 2 Devices. Local HMI, and Local PLC. The Local PLC should be set as "Omron C/CQM1 Series".

Can i use physical adress like 0.00, 100.00 or i should use a different adressing proper for that? i've tried physical input/output in a simple program but no output lighting on plc run mode or on hmi.

No special addressing is needed.
Use the default settings. RS232, Com1,E,7,2. PLC default station No. 0.
You don't need to "tell" the PLC or HMI to communicate. Everything is automatic.

The CQM1 CPU 21 has 2 ports, one of them is a standard 9 pin Host Link and the other is a miniature CIF1 connecter Omron uses marked Peripheral. Which connecter are you using for which connection?
If you are using the Peripheral port for the HMI then you can toggle between Host Link and RS-232C modes.I am not familiar with Maple HMI but I have used many other HMI's to communicate with the CQM1, does the Maple HMI support Host Link?

Host Link is supported. The selection is not PLC specific. In the drop down list of PLC's and protocols, one of the selections is "Host Link". I am using the latest version of Weintek software, Easybuilder 8000, V4.43.
Not sure if features are available on OP's older HMI/software.

I use the 9 pins port, on easybuilder, the plc port choices is rs232, rs485, ethernet,i have not host link. on the other way, the com lightning is on and if a disconnect the plc cable "plc no response" appear on the hmi. Can this version of easybuilder to old to my omron?

If your PLC com led lights (flickering) then you have a connection.

You can test by setting up a bit lamp to be animated by the 1 Hertz system clock in the CQM1 PLC which is 25502.