logic master

RPD

I have a logic master that I want to boot up, automatically
I have a manual and I have tryed to use it, when I enter the drive that I want to boot up it goes back to doss and ask for c>

Logicmaster is the name for GE Fanuc's DOS-based programming software. They also had two versions of a computer called 'Workmaster'. Is that what you're talking about? Are you trying to get the computer to boot to the A: drive instead of the C: drive? Are you trying to get the computer to automatically run Logicmaster software whenever you turn it on? If you can clarify what you're trying to accomplish, I can probably help.

Yes, it is a workmaster that I am trying to boot up to run logicmaster software.

OK then Sherman, follow me into the wayback machine.

You didn't say which PLC you're trying to work with. It could be the Series One, Series Five, or Series Six. You also didn't say which version of Workmaster you have. Those pieces of information are necessary to identify the batch file that you need to run Logicmaster software. For example, when running Logicmaster 6 on the original Workmaster I computer, you'd need to run the file LM6WM.BAT
For Logicmaster 6 on a Workmaster II computer, the file is LM6PC.BAT
For a Series 1 PLC, it's L1FWM or L1FPC

If Logicmaster is already installed on the Workmaster's hard drive, then what you need to do is create a file called AUTOEXEC.BAT. DOS automatically looks for this file on boot, and executes the commands contained in it. Assuming that you want to run Logicmaster 6 on a Workmaster II computer, and that Logicmaster 6 has been installed to the subdirectory LM6, your AUTOEXEC.BAT file will need the following lines:

cd\LM6
LM6PC

It is also possible to run Logicmaster from floppies, but if you have a hard drive, I'd recommend running the software from it. It's much faster. If you feel you must run Logicmaster from floppies, then replace the 'cd\LM6' line with 'A:'. In that case you'll also need to modify the Workmaster's boot sequence to tell it NOT to look for a system disk in the A drive on boot.

Once you get the software running, I expect you'll be back with questions about connecting it to a PLC.

Please provide as much information as possible in future questions. I have a Workmaster II computer here, and a Series One and Series Six that I can connect it to, so I may be able to give you specific instructions to get you going.

Don't forget the Three!

http://www.cimtecautomation.com/GE_Fanuc_Series_135_PLC.htm

I think where RPD is getting hung up is that he needs ANSI.SYS in his CONFIG.SYS file and the line:

SET LMTYPE=UNBUNDLED

in either his AUTOEXEC.BAT or his LM6PC.BAT file.

FYI, we haven't had any luck (well, not much I got LM6 to somewhat load) running LM6 from WIN2K.

John

So a "Lugmaster II"? Gotta love that MCA buss :)

My partner has the outer shell from a WM I. Uses it as a $10,000 trash can ;)

Just like the the original poster from nearly four years ago, you did not mention which PLC you want Logicmaster for. I suggest you contact your local distributor. As far as I know, all versions of Logicmaster are still under copyright. They are not available for download. If you want to buy a copy, contact your local distributor.

If you happen to have a Series One, there is a possibility that DirectSoft software from Automation Direct can be used. It depends on the model of the CPU.

ty

yea, im just trying to find this \for my boss, suppoivly its for a ti or dl 305 and a 610 processor, i believe, so i should get him to call a supplyer eh? im kinda in the dark

Last edited: