HELP with AB 5000

MilscoTech

I am new here do please bare with me. I have a SLC 5/05 hooked up to a 5k. When I get online with the 5k I can see the 5/05. I have a computer station hooked up through a switch to the slc 5/05 via ethernet. Can i get online with the 5/05 and see the AB 5000 programs and if i can how? hope my question makes sence. Thanks

Milsco

If both PLCs are both connected Ethernet to the same switch, and each have their own unique address's properly configured, you should be able to talk to both (even simultaneously) without going "through" anything.

You will need to define what you mean by "see".

Is the SLC and 5K connected via the serial port? Are you asking in you can go in on the SLC Ethernet port and out of it's serial port to the 5K?

Im new to this company and type of work...Taught myself everything which isnt much. From what I can see; it looks like the 5/05 is hooked up through a switches and then into a ethernet/ip module on the 5000?? I need to be able to view the 5000 from the computer hooked up to the same switch... Im lost i believe

I assume the 5000 rack has an ENBT module?
So you have an ethernet switch that connects your PC, the RJ45 port on the SLC5/05 cpu, and the RJ45 port on your ENBT module?

If this is so, then you should be in great shape. You simply have to keep in mind that you will only be able to view the SLC program in Logix500 and the CL5000 program in RSLogix5000. But there is no reason you cannot run them both at the same time.

I dont know the ip addresses or how to configure the drive using rslinx for ethernet... I have taught myself the rs-232 but that is it...Yall are a life saver

Use the link in your other thread to help you get through configuring RsLinx. Browse the Ethernet/IP driver you create and tell use what it shows. If you are all on the same network then both of them should appear.

wouldnt I need the ip's for the switchs or just the module on the 5000 I am trying to access. The link was broken on my other thread. Thanks

yes i have the program. I keep trying to configure the driver through rslinx but while on the RSwho tab the module never shows up