Red Lion G315C question

KNeland

I was wondering if there are any limitations as far as running Crimson 3 on older units. I was looking at a G315C with a 2008 date code and somebody at our plant remarked that due to age it probably would only run Crimson 2. We have a newer G315C and it is the bees knees as far as we are concerned. We were thinking about snapping up the unit in question as a backup, as long as it is compatible with our C3 database.🤞🏻

Do you have the full part number of the unit? I thought all the G315 could use C3. Don't you love that big screen!?!

From memory, the newer "compatible" units actually mave a little V2 or ver2 right next to the number. If it is from 2008 it is unlikely to be V2.

From the RL website:

Crimson 3.0 - Hardware Support

G3 Kadets Supported.
G306A Supported.
G315 Supported.
G308C/A Revision 2 Hardware Only.
G310C/S Revision 2 Hardware Only.
Modular Controller Supported. (after 2007)
Data Station Supported. (after 2007)
G303S/M Not Currently Supported.
G306M Not Currently Supported.
C2 to C3 File Conversion
All models supported, except for Modular Controller, G303 and G306M.

Thanks much for the direction!