PID Auto to Manual

ddeshi2

Hello all, I'm using Compactlogix PLC and RSLogix 5000. At a certain stage in our process we have to change the PID loop from auto to manual and I have to write it in ladder logic. I'm new to RSLogix5000 and not sure which bit to change so that PID loop is manually controlled. I have searched for it but couldn't find the answer. Can anyone please help me by providing the bit address or by providing that ladder logic rung.

Thank you!
Ding.

For the regular PID instruction, it is the Software Manual Bit

Set MyPLCTag.SWM to put the loop in Manual mode. Then you can directly manipulate the MyPLCTag.SO value to control the output.

When that is true, the

Setting this "PID_Tag.MO"bit high will put the PID in manual (thus moving the TB to to the CV).

Pide

If you're using the PIDE instruction in RSLogix 5000 then it would depend on the 'mode' of the PID before you change it. If in program mode it would be PIDTag.ProgAutoReq and PIDTag.ProgManualReq. If in Operator mode it would be PIDTag.OperAutoReq and PIDTag.OperManualReq.