How to use Ormon plc FWRITE?

liang2000

How to use Ormon plc FWRITE? I would like to seek help from all the programmers. hope you can reply me as sooon as possible. Thank you.

Extract from Instructions Manual for the FWRIT command. It is in pdf format.

If you want more specific help then let us know exactly what you are trying to achieve ie what type of file, csv etc....number of words....append or overwrite...you get the picture....

I could use some help on this please. I downloaded the complete zip file and I've tried the example a little modified for what I might need and also tried it exact and I am not writing anything to my flash card. The plc rungs look like they are working. The bit that shows a memory card present is on and I can see the bit come on to show that it is writing but nothing I can see on the card. What I was surprised to see on the card is the following files : comments.cmt, programs.idx, symbols.sym.
Do I possibly have something else set up or left as a default that would use the card as a program backup instead of being available for writing to with FWRIT? Let me know what other information I need to provide to get some help. I am using a CJ1M CPU12. Thanks!

Thanks for the examples. My customer just left from the machine runoff and I have a list a mile long to complete by Tuesday. The data collection should be one word per cycle (8 bits - each represents whether 8 different tests passed or failed - 0 or 1). I need to write the word to the card each cycle into a file then make a new file every day named with the date. I was thinking of using clock information somehow to create the file at midnight. Also, the format should be something that can be brought into excel probably. I think I will run into trouble though. I'm thinking I need to write in binary format to keep 8 bits to be viewed but don't know how excel would read it. If I choose txt or csv format won't the plc write to the card in hex format? I still have a lot of thinking and testing to do on this with not much time. I think I leave it for towards the end then! ;)

TTT

Any advice on how to do this? Let me know if you need more details. I'm not so confident I'll get this done in time without a little help.
Thanks again

The data collection should be one word per cycle (8 bits - each represents whether 8 different tests passed or failed - 0 or 1).
Don't bother splitting the word (16 bits) into half a word (8 bits). Just write the whole word to the file. Excel will clean it up.
I need to write the word to the card each cycle into a file then make a new file every day named with the date. I was thinking of using clock information somehow to create the file at midnight.
Take the RTC Clock info and convert to ASCII using ASC instruction. Uses this as the file name. Trigger the change at midnight.
Also, the format should be something that can be brought into excel probably.
Use .csv file. Excel will import the data automatically. Format the Excel columns as TEXT.
I think I will run into trouble though. I'm thinking I need to write in binary format to keep 8 bits to be viewed but don't know how excel would read it. If I choose txt or csv format won't the plc write to the card in hex format?
What you see in the Word register will be what you see in the Excel spreadsheet. It will be an 8 bit Hex value. Excel could figure it out by macro, but it's probably easier to let the PLC do it for you.
Write PLC code to move each single Test bit to multiple words.

LD Test_Bit_One
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0000 Test_Bit_One_Word
LD Test_Bit_Two
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0001 Test_Bit_Two_Word
LD Test_Bit_Three
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0002 Test_Bit_Three_Word
LD Test_Bit_Four
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0003 Test_Bit_Four_Word
LD Test_Bit_Five
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0004 Test_Bit_Five_Word
LD Test_Bit_Six
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0005 Test_Bit_Six_Word
LD Test_Bit_Seven
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0006 Test_Bit_Seven_Word
LD Test_Bit_Eight
MOVB Test_Bit_Word #0007 Test_Bit_Eight_Word

Then write eight words starting at Test_Bit_One_Word to the CF card each cycle. The resulting .csv file will show eight columns of 1s and 0s.
If you don't like the idea of 1s and 0s, you could use the Hex characters A-F to generate small codes to represent Good and Bad.

LD Test_Bit_One
MOVE #G00D Test_Bit_One_Word
LD NOT Test_Bit_One
MOVE #BADD Test_Bit_One_Word

I can't seem to get the file created no matter what I try! Did the compact flash need to be formatted special for this? I can use it as memory on my laptop just fine.

false alarm. If I knew that posting a reply would get it to work I would have done that 45 minutes ago! I wrote a file successfully with the control word containing #1000 so now I will figure out what I will end up with based on all of the advice I have received. Does a control word of #0000 create a visible file?? I just couldn't get the examples to work with #0000
thanks

A control word of #0000 should have produced a file with an extension of IOM. Yes, this file would have been a binary or hex file. Did you get a .csv file?

I had a .txt file and just got a .csv with a few words written to it and opened it with excel. As soon as I figure out the date part of it I should be able to organize something usable.