Siemens CAD files

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know where Siemens hides the CAD files for their PLC products? Specifically I am looking for simple 2D dwg/dxf of the 300series. After about 30 minutes on their website I wasn't making much headway.

Wow, this is crazy overcomplicated. I spend 15 minutes horsing around with adding it to a shopping card and going through a host of windows. Then it gets to a point where it just says "waiting". What it is waiting for is beyond me. Then I get an email in several different languages even though I clearly selected english only. Email Links me back to a website with a download link. I download it, extract it, open it up, and there is only an excel file labeled "error". Open that up and it tells me product group is unknown!? I "selected" it off of their list!

These are the things that drive me insane.

Matthew, how were you able to bypass all the nonsense and get straight to the file? I was able to get the CPU right off your link, but have had no luck with the PS307, SM321, and SM322 modules.

I was finally able to get everything I needed using Mattew's link. However, I couldn't get it to work in IE9 so I had to do it through netscape. IE was giving me all kinds of HTML errors.

The link is "free" you dont have to register to get to it. iv spent alot of time on Siemens website latley. I just started learning S7. If you navigate to the product page that you want to find the CAD file for i.e. a 312c then find the S7 300 series page. in the bottom right corner there is a drop down tab section titled "all about s7-300" there are six drop down tabs. you want to click on the technical info tab. images, graphics, and drawings are under this tab. It will take you to the link above.

If you are using the search bar in the link above i dont think you will find signaling modules because you are in the data base for the CPU. you would have to go back out to the SIMATIC S7-300 series main page and click on the signal modules page. go to the technical notes and so on.

http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...matic-s7-controller/s7-300/Pages/Default.aspx

above should be a link to the S7-300 "overview" page. you can navigate to the signal modules and the tech.

Damian,

I can't remember where i found it but i downloaded a folder with over 500 .dxf images for the S7-300 family. Happy to email if of interest (it's over 3MB so can't post).

Regards,

Rob