ABB Flowmeter into S7 315-2DP

mrmss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Folks,

I have to integrate an ABB WaterMaster water flow meter with FEX100-DP into my 315-2DP project. I have done a hand-full of Profibus projects in the past; I/O, third-party controllers, various weighing equipment and VFDs.

Usually its a doddle, get the GSD, install the GSD, configure the hardware and the network, read/write to the device with PIW/PQW or whatever by following the documentation which will normally tell you the format of the data (real/int) and how they have used the address range.

However, I can't for the life of me make sence how ABB have used the addresses. The documentation keeps refering to PA which I have no understanding about.

Could someone please check the attached and advise me how I should proceed?

I'm asking ABB too, but this Forum usually comes through for me when I need it (y)

Hey Folks,

However, I can't for the life of me make sence how ABB have used the addresses. The documentation keeps refering to PA which I have no understanding about.

Could someone please check the attached and advise me how I should proceed?

I'm asking ABB too, but this Forum usually comes through for me when I need it (y)

There's no S7 on this PC, so I couldn't test the GSD, sorry.

First you must find out if it is a PA or a DP instrument.

If it is DP, as it seems to be (75% chanse ?), you should find the unit in the HWConfig under Profibus DP as normal.

If it is PA, you'll need a DP/PA gateway that has to be put as a node on your DP-bus line. Beneath the node symbol, it will draw a PA - bus line, and on this you put your instrument. You should find it in the Profibus PA folder. The IO adressing is then transparent seen from the DP master.

Kalle

Edit: I might have misunderstood your problem.

If you already have succeeded in adressing your instrument, and get no values from it:
I'll bet 10 Norwegian Crowns that you can read the flow value by using the DP_READ (was it FB14 or SFB14 or maybe SFC14 ?) The value is 5 bytes (consistent). If I remember correctly, the first 4 bytes contains current value, engineering units, in floating point format. The 5th byte tells the signal status, 80H = OK.

Last edited:
Here's the unit in the h/w config. What the OP cannot find is what units the PIW values are read back in.

w1.JPG