slc 500 dcm move

jude

Hi I am home doing prep for a project in work next week no access to plc,anyway question is I have a slc5/04 with a DCM communicating with a 5/40 plc5(data highway) I have a counter running in the slc I want to move the ACC of the counter using a word in the dcm to the plc5 and then display on a panelview, I have done similiar using a message between slc and plc, I am just wondering if the ACC will be displayed accurately in the PLC5

we go from a dcm to a 5/40 then data highway to a 5/60 supervisory which communicates with the panel view, my mistake the dcm is not on the highway just communicating with the 5/40 as an IO

If you're reading the thread but haven't used a 1747-DCM, this module is a Remote I/O Adapter that fits in the SLC-500 rack and behaves like 1 Logical Rack (8 words Input, 8 words Output) of adapter data.

The SLC-5/0x controller treats it like 8 words of Input and Output data, and the PLC-2/3/5 controller treats it as a RIO Rack.

To get the Accumulated value of a timer into the DCM's data array, just use a MOV instruction to place it into one of the Output words. It will show up in the PLC-5's Input data table.

Because the SLC and PLC-5 use 16-bit Signed Integers for both I/O Words and for Data Words like the Timer .ACC and .PRE values, it will "show up" correctly.

Thanks Ken , That is what I was unsure about I have only used the DCM just for inputs and outputs before,