Ignition 7.3 beta available for you to play with

surferb

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know there are a lot of Ignition users here. If you want to play with the latest version you can be a beta tester. If you've never beta tested before, request access at this link.

Beta download links (you'll need permission to the beta section)

This is an early beta, so please don't use it on production systems. It's just for playing with at this stage.

High-level changelog:

• Drawing tools added for vector graphics
  • Zooming in the Designer
  • Better grouping support for components and shapes
  • New Symbol Factory module
  • More efficient serialization format for windows
  • Better color-choosing UI
  • Internationalization in Gateway/Designer
  • New compression algorithm for analog SQLTags historian tags
  • New ability for SQLTags historian to create pre-processed history tables for better query performance over long time spans
  • New query cache in the Client to avoid unnecessary repeated querying of the same timespan.
  • Data density histogram on the Easy Chart for SQLTags Historian pens.
  • Improved memory usage for SQLTags in the Gateway
  • Improved performance and scan class settings for SQLTags (one-shot, triggered on-change, subscribed vs polled)
  • Improved memory usage for Control Logix driver
  • Improved performance and stability for all drivers
  • Improved installer allows choosing individual modules on install and upgrade
  • New graphical and command-line installer for linux
  • Ignition installation directory structure changed

Current beta is beta-1.

I'm told that Symbol Factory will cost extra because it is licensed through Software Toolbox (Reichert, or whoever owns Symbol Factory these days). I think the plan is to include it with new "Works" packages, though. The trial allows you 1 symbol per category to play with it. It's nice that the objects work natively with the 2D vector objects, so you can "drill down" and "animate" any sub-component.