DH+ From SLC504 to CLX

bobwithdana

My Situation. I have an Rockwell SE project reading tags from a Contrologix 5000 PLC. What I need to do is be able to add tags to this SE project from another SLC5/04 PLC. Here is my configuration.

CLX 5000 is in Slot 0
DHRIO Module is in Slot 4
DHRIO Channel A is connected to the SLC5/04 (Node 1)

In RSLinx I can drill to the SLC5/04 in the CLX slot CH A and data monitor the SLC Tags.

The DHRIO module is in the CLX Tree but faulted as expected for connection requested. I realize I dont need it there.

There are a lot of Tags in the SLC5/04 that I need in the SE project. Thousands.

I think there are 2 ways of doing this but am not sure how to proceed. Am thinking I could install RSLinx on the SE box and create a data server in the SE project but not sure how to go about that?

Or maybe I can message the tages from the SLC to the CLX but not sure how I can get thousands of different tags messaged?

Any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

I would lean toward using RSLinx Classic Pro OPC server on the SE PC and set up a data server in your project.

Message reads from the C-Logix could work without excessively burdening the 5/04 but would add some overhead to the Logix CPU that I think you would be better off without (unless there are critical reasons that the Logix CPU needs to have data from the SLC in which case I would do that with messages that can be error checked and don't depend on a PC).