Siemens Step 7 v5.4 sp4

Theboss

Hi guys, i installed step 7 v5.4 sp1, then v5.4 sp4... then i copied the license keys from another pc which works well step 7 v5.4 sp4. But my simatic manager still gives me NO VALID LICENSE KEY FOUND. Please help me rectify this....:mad:

Hi guys, i installed step 7 v5.4 sp1, then v5.4 sp4... then i copied the license keys from another pc which works well step 7 v5.4 sp4. But my simatic manager still gives me NO VALID LICENSE KEY FOUND. Please help me rectify this....:mad:

You cannot just copy the license you must use the "Automation License Manager" to transfer the License.

Ok. how do i transfer these files. i got them on a USB. Using Automation License Manager Version 4.0
The Manager picks them up on the USB. just need to transfer them to my hard drive. I dont know how to go about doing that, since copy and paste doesnt work?

Last edited:
You have to use the Licence manager to Transfer them to the usb on the original PC and then again on the new PC to transfer them from the usb to your hard disc.

Remove.

You could always Ghost the original disc for back up purposes just in case you lose them in the transfer process.

Hey TheBoss

how did you manage to restore the licenses? I have a similar issue.

The simatic license has become corrupt. The same license is installed on another PC, I have transferred it to USB but I'm not sure how to restore it as there doesn’t seem to be any option for it.

Do I need to delete the corrupt one first?

Thanks in advance

Copying licenses is illegal. Making a back-up in case of troubles is not really supported by Siemens, but should be OK in most countries. If you have problems with licenses, the best solution is to contact Siemens. They are very helpful to solve the problems.