new install of a micro logix 1200

jtashaffer

When you turn the power on, and hook the comunication cable up do you have to configure the micrologix 1200. Or do any thing before you start writing the program?

Not unless you want to change the communication channel's protocol.

You will have to configure some of the expansion modules if you have any. This is done while writing your program.

So just write your program and download it to the PLC.

What do I have to do if I write my program before I have the plc in the field. Do I just pick the number for the plc?

Pick a number?

You need to plan, if you know you need two output cards and 1 input card, put it in the I/O configuration. If you are designing a system, you should have an idea of what you need.

You can write the program without the I/O configuration, but it will give you errors if you try to verify it, until you put the correct configuration in.