How can I make the equivalent of a multistate indicator in WinCC Flex Standard

agarb

My first project with WinCC Flex.

I am trying to make a field that displays various hardcoded messages based on a PLC register value but for the life of me I can't seem to find what I am looking for...

That would be a job for a Text List. Configure it in the text list editor found in the Project Panel on the left hand side.

Regards
Phill

Create "Text list"
Text coresponding to a value you'll be supplying from the PLC. Bitwise or a number. Bitwise you'll need to make sure only 1 bit is set at any given time, else the default value will be used.
Insert "Symbolic IO field"
Set it to "Output"
Link it to the text list, link it to the tag.
All set.

Thanks for pointing me in the proper direction. I'm still finding the software a bit clunky; probably because I'm just not used to it. I have found some features that I really like, though.

Create "Text list"
Text coresponding to a value you'll be supplying from the PLC. Bitwise or a number. Bitwise you'll need to make sure only 1 bit is set at any given time, else the default value will be used.
Insert "Symbolic IO field"
Set it to "Output"
Link it to the text list, link it to the tag.
All set.

That is what I am using. How can I make it scroll the message from the text list if it doesn't fit into Symbolic IO Field?