RSlinx as an application

Estuardo

E
How could I run RSlinx as an application. When I open it, it closes
inmediately by itself. It is configured to run always as a server. Thanks.

You have something seriously wrong if RSLinx closes as soon as it opens. You're going to have to look into the underlying cause of that, er, function. I've never seen that happen. Are you sure it's not just running minimized ?

There is an "RSLinx Launch Control Panel" that lets you select whether the program runs as a Service or as an Application.

Go to Programs/Rockwell Software/RSLinx and the shortcut for the Launch Control Panel will be there.

RSLinx launch control panel

The "RSLinx Launch Control Panel" doesn't let me select whether the program runs as a Service or as an Application.
The option "always run as a server" is checked and disabled.
Thank you.

Very likely RSLinx is already running. Look for it in the Service Toolbar on the lower-right-hand-side of your screen !

Shut down RSLinx (using the service toolbar) and you will see the "Always Run as Service" checkbox in the RSLinx Launch Control Panel become active.

RE to Ken Roach

Sorry, but I already did that, and I'm still having the problem.
Thanks.

As I said initially, if your RSLinx application or service is shutting down immediately after starting up, you have a problem that is unusual, complex, and probably not suitable for solution on a public message forum.

I have no further suggestions. You should call RSI Technical Support.

RSLinx runs different under Windows XP.

If you have Administrator privledges go to Administrator/Services & right click on RSLinx, then select Properties.

If it shows the following line it will run as a service
C:\PROGRA~1\ROCKWE~1\RSLINX\RSLINX.EXE /SERVICE

I had to remove the /SERVICE & set startup type to MANUAL.

Also in the Windows directory check the ROCKSOFT.INI file for:

[Applications]
RSLinx=C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\RSLinx.exe

make sure this does not have a SERVICES tag after it.