Modicon Unity Pro S

Brian C

I am new to Unity Pro S, I would like to get some help for assigning 5m to the preset delay time parameter in the TON (timer on) FBI (function block instance). Format is t#5m for 5 minutes, however if I get the 5 min input from the HMI, how can I assign the 5m to a variable EDT (elementary data type) and feed to the function block. I would like to keep it simple, possible for assigning INT data type or I have to use the TIME data type? Say I assign it to the a variable called "ON_DELAY_TIME", how can I feed to the t#5m? So frustrated!

Regards.

there is a integer to time fbd that you can use to feed into in preset leg of the timer. If the operator only has minute options it is straight forward. but if he can select seconds and minutes some other tricks have to be used. Let me know

t# is actually represented in milliseconds as a DINT
so if your hmi writes to say %MW100 a value of 5000 (as a dint) and you assign a variable in unity as a TIME and located it at %MW100 then that variable will have a time of 5 seconds in it

Thanks guys, it works. What I did is get 5 min from HMI as INT. Then use INT_TO_DINT and multiple 60000 to convert it to milliseconds. Finally use DINT_TO_TIME and the TON takes it. Appreciate for your help guys.