High frequency module APU300

jcp

Hi friends;
I use a APU 300 frequency module. Configured as TYPE A counter. The application as under
Magnetic pickup signal came into the FTV(which chnage the sinewave into squuare wave) and connected to module.
I read the documentation and found 16 status register %I. I want to check if wire open or FTV malfunctioning which %I i used in the logic.
%I1 to 4 for strobe status
%I5 to 8 for preload status
%I9 to 12 for output status.
%I13 module status
%I 16 error.
Actually i want to use its %Q crossponding to the %AI.
I want when error occur crossponding output %Q set to false.
Regards

There is no open wire detection in the 90-30 high speed counter module. If you expect your input to be continuously pulsing, you could monitor the counts per timebase word for the channel. If it falls below a minimum frequency, set a fault indication.

Hi;
what is preload and strobe?
second if module have error is %Q which 4 outputs set to false?
Regards

Once again, RTFM.

When the preload signal at the terminal transitions from false to true, the corresponding counter's accumulated count is forced to the preload value. The module sets the corresponding "preload status" %I bit to alert the ladder logic that the preload event has occurred. Ladder logic can reset the preload status bit by turning on the corresponding "reset preload" %Q bit.

When the strobe signal at the terminal transitions from false to true, the corresponding counter's accumulated count is copied to the strobe register for that channel. The module sets the corresponding "strobe status" bit to alert the ladder logic and you reset the strobe status bit by turning on the corresponding "reset strobe" %Q bit. The strobe signals can be configured so that the accumulated value is copied to the strobe register on the true to false transition of the strobe signal.

second if module have error is %Q which 4 outputs set to false?
The physical outputs on the module, depending on hardware configuration. Since the high speed counter module has its own CPU, it is capable of operating independently from the PLC. If it loses communications with the PLC's CPU module it can be set up to continue to operate, to freeze the state of the outputs, or to force all the outputs off.

Last edited:
Thanks steve. Sir if i send u a PID configration which i found in one of old project can u help me to calculate the output. It is almost similar which i want to do but some values may be changed.
Regards