PV-550 communications problem

Mporter4

I have a PV550 I would like to get online with and get a backup program.
the problem is it only has one port a serial connection.when I try and upload from pb32 it gives an error.looked at my driver in RS LINX and it has a "conflict".
The part number is a 2711-T545L1.
I'm using a 2711-NC14 Cable.
RS232 DF1

The PV550 display shows DH485.
(Also the printer port is disabled)
do I need to delete the current driver and autoconfig?
Thanks in advance!

I have a PV550 I would like to get online with and get a backup program.
the problem is it only has one port a serial connection.when I try and upload from pb32 it gives an error.looked at my driver in RS LINX and it has a "conflict".
The part number is a 2711-T545L1.
I'm using a 2711-NC14 Cable.
RS232 DF1

The PV550 display shows DH485.
(Also the printer port is disabled)
do I need to delete the current driver and autoconfig?
Thanks in advance!

The PV-550 Catalog Number is not correct, check it again. If it is DH-485 you will need to use the PIC or UIC Driver in RSLinx. If you have a real Serial Port and Windows XP SP2 or earlier, you can use the PIC Driver. If you have Windows XP SP3 or later, you will need the UIC Driver, and a USB interface.

Stu....

I took the info off the back of the panel view??
I have a serial port on my laptop so i thought i could just connect strait to the serial port on the PV-550.(what is SP3?)
-I have a 1747-PIC that i use to connect my slc 5/02/ 5/03 etc. (it has a rj45 type cable.. is there a different cable you use off the pic?

I'll assume that "4" is actually an "A", and that you have a 2711-T5A5L1 terminal.

That's a PanelView 550, Touchscreen, monochrome, with DH485 protocol on an RS-232 connector.

Again: it's not DF1 protocol, it's DH485 protocol. The DF1 version would have an "A16" instead of "A5".

You can use a straight-through RS-232 cable (the 2711-NC14 is fine) and the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic.

If you are using a 1747-PIC, and it works, then you can substitute the serial cable for the PIC and this connection will work.

You may find that the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver is very tricky and has a long history in Windows. It won't work in Vista or Windows 7 and must be carefully configured in Windows XP; a favorite workaround for Windows XP SP3 can be found here on the Forum.

okie its amazing how much the little things matter like reading the OP........ LOL

Using the 1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic can be tricky as already said, but just to add it helps if you delete all other drivers in rslinx and have only the 1747-PIC/AIC+" driver running, just stopping other drivers doesn't do it - it takes total control of your com port

Steve

I'll assume that "4" is actually an "A", and that you have a 2711-T5A5L1 terminal.

That's a PanelView 550, Touchscreen, monochrome, with DH485 protocol on an RS-232 connector.

Again: it's not DF1 protocol, it's DH485 protocol. The DF1 version would have an "A16" instead of "A5".

You can use a straight-through RS-232 cable (the 2711-NC14 is fine) and the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic.

If you are using a 1747-PIC, and it works, then you can substitute the serial cable for the PIC and this connection will work.

You may find that the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver is very tricky and has a long history in Windows. It won't work in Vista or Windows 7 and must be carefully configured in Windows XP; a favorite workaround for Windows XP SP3 can be found here on the Forum.

It is an "A" sorry!
you said using the 2711-NC14 Cable is okay with the 1747-pic?
the pic I have has a rj-45 connector,is there a different cable that comes off the pic box or are you saying just change the driver in RS LINX to a pic?

It is an "A" sorry!
you said using the 2711-NC14 Cable is okay with the 1747-pic?
the pic I have has a rj-45 connector,is there a different cable that comes off the pic box or are you saying just change the driver in RS LINX to a pic?

As I stated earlier, the PIC Driver only works up to Windows XP SP2, and Allen Bradley no longer supports it. There is a Patch by DMRoeder for Windows XP SP3 that I have not been able to test, because Norton AV doesn't like it. If you have a Straight Through Serial Cable like an NC13 or NC14, and you can install the PIC Driver successfully, you can use that Cable and the PIC Driver to Upload/Download to the PV. Follow Nehpets advice, Delete all the other RSLinx Drivers, also make sure that there are no other Programs running that access the Serial Port.

Stu....