Loading program to OP277 without WinCC

ggc

Is it possible to load a program to a Siemens Op277 HMI without using WinCC runtime. We have been sent a revised program (CPU315-2 DP + Op277) by the machine manufacturer, but don't have a copy of WinCC on site (we do have Step7 V5.3), and aside from this one machine don't have a need for it.

If I can get the manufacturer to send the new program as a *.psb* backup file, will I be able to use the Prosave software to load it into the OP277?

Have the manufacturer send the OP277 program as a "pack & go" package.

This is a package that will download the program as if from WinCC.
This method is way easier than the older methods of Prosave backup/restore, or flashcard backup/restore.

Have the manufacturer send the OP277 program as a "pack & go" package.

This is a package that will download the program as if from WinCC.
This method is way easier than the older methods of Prosave backup/restore, or flashcard backup/restore.

Like JesperMP said Here you can get more info about pack & go
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/36305011?func=ll&objId=36305012&objAction=csView&nodeid0=16502685⟨=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW&load=treecontent

Last edited:
Jara, when you want to link a page from Siemens support, you cannot use the actual web address your browser has opened. This web address is generated dynamically, and will not work for others than you.
In stead, use the "copy link" at the bottom of the web page. This will copy the "real" address.

Jara, when you want to link a page from Siemens support, you cannot use the actual web address your browser has opened. This web address is generated dynamically, and will not work for others than you.
In stead, use the "copy link" at the bottom of the web page. This will copy the "real" address.

Thank you! I don´t know that!

Just a follow-up, we still needed to use Prosave to do an OS update, but once we had the right img file, the Pack&Go facility worked a treat.