AB Compact logix L32E is not commucating

srehmanakhtar

Hi friends

My one of the Allen bradley processor Compact Logix l32E having some communication issues since before. some time it lost communication with HMI, but when we recycle the power it was able to communicate again. when it lost the communication MS and NS lED stop blinking and ms turn red.

Now a days even after recyle the power it is not able to communicate. What could be the probale cause how i can resolve this issue? Is this a hardware problem? If it is a hardware problem can u suggest for some one who can repair it.

Thanks

hi,
I think you have to do the latest firmware upgradation of PLC.
Latest firmware will be available on rockwell .

check your ip and do you have boot up enabled? your are using e-net? whats the ip of the hmi and the plc? whats the model numbers of each and firmware revisons?
try reading 1769-IN020B-EN-P page 27

check your ip and do you have boot up enabled? your are using e-net? whats the ip of the hmi and the plc? whats the model numbers of each and firmware revisons?
try reading 1769-IN020B-EN-P page 27
why do you think that cycling power several times will fix your problem?
do you expect to get a different result each time you cycle power?
how about checking your ground?
did this help?

I,m using ethernet for HMI to PLC and laptop to PLC. Now it's not communicating at all. even i tried to recycle the power several time.

Just to rule the switch out, connect your laptop directly to the PLC with a crossover cable. If you don't have a crossover cable, a regular patch cable will probably autonegotiate. I have never tried so I am not certain.

What is the IP & Subnet on your PLC?
What is the IP & Subnet on your HMI?

One thing I have noticed in the past with Compact Logix is if you have an Ethernet device in your IO tree that is trying to connect but cannot it can confuse a switch with all the repeat connection requests. I have seen this freeze a switch.

I have had this problem with a L45 Compactlogix which is different as it has a seperate ethernet module. Anyway, I had to flash the ethernet firmware to resolve the issue. Also, open up a web browser and type the IP Address of the PLC, you will be able to get some diagnostics on the ethernet card. See how it`s doing with the TCP connections etc.

What firmware you running on the processor

I think there is no issue with Ethernet IP or subnet mast of PLC and HMI. It was working fine. But some time once in a week two week it was loosing it's communication with HMI, that time we was not able to communicate the plc with our laptop too. MS Led turned red from green. After recycling the power to PLC it was normalizing back. But now a days power recyling also does not make any change. We are having 6 other same type of machines, they also having same firmware 1.15 and working fine.