Reporting Kinetix Error Codes

stephen99

We use Kinetix 6000 systems in many different applications and would like to be able to report any drive errors on our front end. The errors I am talking about are the errors that show up on the front of the individual drives on the 7 segment LED. Currently we only get a generic Drive Fault message when an error occurs. This is captured in our Logix 5000 (ver16) program and then reflected in the front end. For instance, if we get an E34 error on a drive we would like to be able to report an E34 error on the front end but currently can only show a Drive Fault. Does anyone know if the error codes are captured by a register either in the individual drives or in the Kinetix module in the Logix rack?

AB has PLC and HMI sample code to display the E errors with discription, how to fix, time and date of occurunce and history. Works great

You could download the AOI's and the faceplates for Kinetix from the download section of Rockwell. The AOI's will return any type of error from a servo drive. There is also an alarm XML file that can be imported into the PanelView. The faceplates are for displaying servo status on a Panelview.

It is called 'How to read K6k 7 Segment Display Fault Code on RSLogix5000'. Go to http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/sc_home_page.hcst and select 'Motion Control, integrated' under product family and then select 'Kinetix 6000' as the product.

There is some great information here. It looks like this is for a Sercos Drive. I am using Ethernet/IP drives and although the example is great and exactly what I'm looking for, I can't find an example for Ethernet/IP. Does anyone have any experience with this?