Problems with RS Emulate 500

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Ok,

Now, thanks to OkiePC and dara, I can post this screen shot:

RSEmulate500 error msg.png

I've been using RS Emulate for a while with no troubles, until I began using it with Archie's AdvancedHMI. I was using the DF1comm driver on the HMI, and channel 0 on the emulator to communicate through a virtual pair of serial ports. Everything worked fine on the PLC and HMI, it did everything I wanted it to. It's actually a lot of fun to play with. The problem came when I stopped running the HMI, made a change to a button, then started it again.

Then I get "no comms" messages and noticed that the emulator had frozen up. When I tried to restart the software is when I got the above message.

I was able to remove/re-install the emulator software and it worked again for awhile. Then after bricking again, I still get the error msg even after a re-install. I tried to make sure I removed all traces of emulate from the hard drive before re-installing, but to no avail.

I made sure that I wasn't running RSLinx while running the HMI software, so there would be no driver conflict, although I was only running the EMU driver in RSlinx, so I'm not sure it would have interfered with virtual serial comms in any case.

Any one have any idea what might have gone wrong, or how I can get Emulate working again?

Thanks,
Dustin

I don´t know, but like your screenshots shows, the problem is with RSlinx Clasic and not with RSEmulate , maybe you can re-intalling again and prove it.

it seems that in your pc .dll file is missing so either reinstall rslinx or restore your pc to your previous day when it happen

Yes, but what is strange is that if I go to that filepath that .dll file is still there.

I'll try re-installing linx today and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,
Dustin

23753 - RSEmulate 500 Cannot Load EMU500X.DLL

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 01/17/2003 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 10/25/2010 12:26 PM

How do I resolve the RSEmulate 500 cannot load EMU500X.DLL error message?
Problem

The following error message is generated after RSEmulate 500 fails to load EMU500X.DLL.
E33854387_img1.png
The user should press OK, not Cancel, to close the window.
E33854387_img2.png
Cause

After RSEmulate generated an application error, the Microsoft C++ debugger was started when the user pressed Cancel to close Application Error rather than OK.
Solution

Shut down RSLinx or reboot the computer to release the file.

23753 - RSEmulate 500 Cannot Load EMU500X.DLL

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 01/17/2003 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 10/25/2010 12:26 PM

How do I resolve the RSEmulate 500 cannot load EMU500X.DLL error message?
Problem

The following error message is generated after RSEmulate 500 fails to load EMU500X.DLL.
E33854387_img1.png
The user should press OK, not Cancel, to close the window.
E33854387_img2.png
Cause

After RSEmulate generated an application error, the Microsoft C++ debugger was started when the user pressed Cancel to close Application Error rather than OK.
Solution

Shut down RSLinx or reboot the computer to release the file.

D'oh!

Rebooting the PC worked like a charm. Thanks jk