security code in RS view 32

srv

Hi,

I am in a project to transfer one RS view 32 files with some modification to another computer.From the back up i came to know that there some security codes for manager,supervisors and operators to prevent unwanted access.I have a doubt about,can i restore these security codes from the back(I want to know these passwords).

In your project is a file called Users I believe this is the one that holds the security .
So its just a matter of making sure you keep the old user file with your new project.

Keep a backup of both User files just in case I may be putting you wrong.

Similar Topics

It seems like this should be so easy to do that maybe I'm missing something?? Is there a way to create a numeric input box but only allow the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell tell if there is a way to know who (Code letter) is logged in to the versa view. Thanks
Replies
Views
Is there a way to inform the PLC what security codes are active for the active user. I like the PLC to know if the current user has security code...
Replies
Views
I know most of the major players like Rockwell and Siemens have security for code that goes beyond the password protection of the controller. My...
Replies
Views
Attached is an undocumented "feature" in GEIP PLC's that allows one to Download and run your logic but as of today there is no way to upload the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom