Timer Question

Clevedale

I am trying to figure out how to turn the pump off with a CTU timer in the Batch Mix Simulator to keep the tank from filling all the way up. Where can I find information on how to do this? I have the CTU counter preset at 10 and have tried putting exam if on and or examine if closed switches on the rung with the pumps unlatch instruction but to no avail. Am I totally off base here?

I have the CTU counter preset at 10 and have tried putting exam if on and or examine if closed switches on the rung with the pumps unlatch instruction but to no avail. Am I totally off base here?
Clevedale,
You most likely are a little off base. The key is to use the flowmeters to control the process. Because the LogixPro Simulator does not have any analog I/O, you have to use a Counter to count the pulses from the flowmeter, and then figure out what the Counter reads when the Tank Full Level Switch goes on. Then use the Counter to control the process. In my program, I also leave the Tank Full switch in parallel with the Counter Done bit (for fail-safe redundant logic).

Last edited:
Clevedale,
You most likely are a little off base. The key is to use the flowmeters to control the process. Because the LogixPro Simulator does not have any analog I/O, you have to use a Counter to count the pulses from the flowmeter, and then figure out what the Counter reads when the Tank Full Level Switch goes on. Then use the Counter to control the process. In my program, I also leave the Tank Full switch in parallel with the Counter Done bit (for fail-safe redundant logic).

I have the CTU working and the counter reads 306 when the Full Level Switch trips. I have the CTU preset at 50. I have tried to put a switch in series with the pump on the same line as the High Level Switch that is associated with the counter C5:1.ACC to cut the pump off but I haven't had any luck.
It just boils down to the question of how can I turn something on off with a counter?
Back to work on it some more.

Last edited:
c5:1.dn is the done bit it should come on when your preset is meet or you could compare the acc to a constant when it reaches this it it would be true/1/on/......

Not sure what you are asking.
? is asking you to think about it its better if you figure it out , then you will learn somthing.I was just trying to give a hint not to solve it for you.
Good luck, Steve