How to put simple timer into mitsi ladder

Billando

Hi all,
Having a problem inserting a basic timer into my Mitsi Ladder. I am just playing around learning with the basics. However I have read my software manual GX Developer 7, have gone to the mitsi site and downloading other manuals. Fx series programming manual to be precise. But I am just not getting it. I know it will be a simple answer but geez its frustrating :( . Help will be gladly accepted :D .

Just about how to insert a timer. Found I have to also input a k value. Must have missed this in the manual. But still can`t really find the explanation from any of the manuals. :eek:

A timer is inserted just like an output coil. Just replace the output coil with the timer and setting...

An output coil looks like this:
|----] [---------------(Y000    )

And would be written "OUT Y000"

A timer looks like this:
                            K12
|----] [---------------(T10 )

And would be written "OUT T10 K12"

You can use the drop down menu and select "-()-" in place of the OUT instruction (it does the same thing).

The "constant" value (K) is the time setting. Remember that there are different timer resolutions available. A setting of "12" would mean 1.2 seconds for a 100ms timer (T0-T199), and 0.12 seconds for a 10ms timer (T200-T245).

Now, was THIS what you wanted to know? :D

beerchug

-Eric

The same applys to counters

Instead of using a constant "k" as the preset value of the timer, you can us a data register "D" as well. the same applys to counters.

You can find the detail arrangement of timers and counters on the "PLC Device Tables" in the manual. Some PLCs have a special auxiliary relay M8028 to switch some timers resolutions between 100ms and 10ms.

FXon, for example

----------l----------------------------------------l
M8028=off l T0~T62 Timer base=100ms l
l----------------------------------------l
l T63 Timer base=1ms l
----------l----------------------------------------l
M8028=on l T0~T31 Timer base=100ms l
l T32~T62 Timer base=10ms l
l T63 Timer base=1ms l
---------------------------------------------------l