Software Product Compatibility Matrix

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
help!!! the way I read the Software Product Compatibility Matrix:
xp3 pro supports rs logix 5000 ver 16.03,factory talk view stuido me ver 5.10,rs logix 500 ver 8.3
I just installed the rs logix 5000 on a new laptop and ftv stuido now gives me message:
this software requires personlised info that cannot be read contact tech support.
then I search the fourm and found this:
And in any case, install FTView ABSOLUTELY LAST.
WoW should of searched the fourm first!!!
any sugestions at this point
other than tech support I dont have the 24x7 optiono_O

I did find this here on the fourm:
Answer ID 54070
Date Created 07/29/2008 09:10 AM
Last Updated 02/13/2009 11:25 AM
Access Level Everyone
But when I went there it said:
54070 - Various FT/RSLE/AOA errors in Machine Edition

Access Level: TechConnect
Created: 07/29/2008
Updated: 04/16/2010
I suppose they need more money in these hard timeso_O

Even the cheapest TechConnect contract gets you 24/7 access to the Knowledgebase.

I've encountered that "personalized information cannot be read" message before. My workaround was to run VStudio.exe from a desktop shortcut (create a shortcut directly to it from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell) instead of allowing the Start menu shortcut to execute Launcher.exe.

Is this a FTView SE installation or just ME ? SE's installation sequence is more important, with IIS and RSLinx Enterprise. I've always had success just following the Installation Guide.

Lastly, I've said it before and I'll say it again: VMWare Workstation is a colossal benefit to industrial software users. Even when I worked for a major company, I bought VMWare Workstation with my own money just to save the week of time it would have taken for them to purchase it for me.

Thanks, Ken the shortcut works but now I get:
cannot connect to addn object
name: application Handler
Cause: 80042089
more info I have nothing but rockwell and windows on this laptop
the Product Compatibility Matrix:shows it should work I just bought rslogix 5000 and 500(less than 30 days) for this laptop it had nothing but xp pro ser. pac.3 on it before Installed the rockwell stuff I dont want this to be a bash AB post I just feel That support should be free at this point Especially the tech notes associsated with these products! I would to install vm ware but at this point I have a panelview project 75% developed and just wanted to load the 5000 to look at the data I need to read/write to/from.do you think a system restore would work to get me going back on the panelview project untill monday when I pay the RANSOM for the tech notes?
by the way THANK YOU for your help
Best regards ,Steve

Generally that add-in issue comes from third-party software. Maybe you have some VPN or iTunes or something else that you don't think is related ?

Unzip and Run this registry file and reboot; this should expand your "Desktop Heap" memory to allow the FTView services to start.

Create a Restore Point before doing this !

The fastest way to fix this is to body slam your computer into the metal dumpster out back and start over, but if you arent't that angry yet, I woudl definitely try a system restore, but any snags, and I would do a full OS It will be much quicker to do a complete OS installation. My PC has never been the same since I spent 30 hours repariing the damagae done by FactoryTalk and AutoCad2010 times Microsoft .net...IT had to run some registry repair software for a few hours to analyze and straighten out my registry and .net installation.

Going back to your last restore point may not work, also, that is why I am sure we will only install any FactoryTalk software in VMs in the future.

OK lesson learned:
dont chew gum and walk at the same time!!!!!!
what I mean is if you hav 3 laptops running and a desktop at the same time!!
NEVER CLICK ON A ZIP FILE AND RUN IT ON YOUR WINDOWS 7 DESKTOP THAT WAS MEANT FOR YOUR LAPTOP!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
anyway it did not work on the laptop(the right one)niether does reinstall of ftv
going to try restore /PRAY/cross fingers/knock on wood/swear a few times/hope for the best when that dont work:
Im thinking format c: reload windows(only have ser. pac3. oem disc)/do updates?/reload laptop drivers/reload rslogix500/reload logix 5000/reload FTV In that order?or do I have to get some chickens feet..........lock of hair from a v....secret pass.... rockwelll tech s.....t... 🤞🏻🔨🔨o_O

at least I did this:
Create a Restore Point before doing this !
Thanks, ken I did follow the instructions just on the wrong pc the first time

Last edited:
format c:? Can you still do that? The few times I have replaced an OS at home or at work, I used a disk utility, and a full wipe, adjusted partitions...think FDISK (FIXDISK) Make sure you have a windows full installation disc and license info available before you do this and full docs on hardware for driver updates afterward.

Okie, yes format c.
I spent the bucks for a full version of xp pro ser pac 3 certifed real thing download all drivers to the laptoy to a usb installed it updated on ms site and laptoy site loaded rs stuff worked fine with FTV and RS500, I even had this thing talking to a panel view plus and a couple of ml 1100s. it was only when i loaded rs5000 that i had the problem.
But I am thinking bout the vware just dont know what would be the advantage of it as i was building this laptop as an ab only tool. these were the only 3 sw packs I had loaded so what would be the difference between this a virtual machine are a partioned one if I am just loading the same 3 sw packs on it?

Update:
just bought a dell latitude D630(refurb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to make this an AB only laptop. I have read a few post about v-ware and would like some advice on it. the dell has:
xp pro ser pac 3
also office 2003
226 gigs of free space on the hard drive
1.99 gig ram
intel duo cpu t7300@ 2.00 ghz
a real serial port!!!
My question is it it worth while going with the v ware if its only going to be an AB tool?
I only have $250 in it now
I plan on loading RSlogix 5000 and 500 as well as FTV ME
these are not compatible!!!
I got my vendor to open a ticket on this and I talked to the rs logix 5000 and the FTV groups its seems my problem is I need a patch to make things work due to the FTSP versions
or i could move to FTV 6.0 Will update again when i get this fixed.
Even the cheapest TechConnect contract gets you 24/7 access to the Knowledgebase.
Thanks Ken I issued a PO Tuesday and opted for the 24/7 premium, however its takes time to get it in the system.
sure hope i get it today I have a project to complete by Saturday!