E1043 hmi

drummo

Problems configuring a E1043 Hmi using a cab 19 lead to a Melsec FX1n plc, I have used this plc before, E-panels before but not this model, In percipherals i have set controller 1 - Melsec/FX series serial config RS 422 9600 Even 7,1, controller 2 is set to none, i have gone through all different baudrates databits etc, with no joy, i have never had any grief with the older models. Has anyone got any ideas please, is it a driver issue, im using the latest version of E-designer:

Hi
Have you tried right clicking on your controller and setting the connection to comm 1 ? This caught me out before

Let me tell you, I spent half a day wasting time like you are doing. I was frustrated to hell.
I phoned Mitsubishi to be informed you need a new cable for these models.

The CAB 30

It will work perfectly then :)

Thank's for your response, i was pulling my hair out last night! very frustrating! i have tried comm 1, i have tried every config i could think off, In the past i have never had any grief with the older model's, will try and get hold off a cab 30. thank you

Hi,

You don't need to wait for a CAB30, the E1000-series has a built-in ethernet port that you can use for downloading the application.
You can also download the application using a USB-stick.

CAB19 will work fine for the PLC-communication (it's only the RS232-port that was changed from E- to E1000-series).

//Supporter

I think for transparent mode, it calls for CAB 30. Same thing happened to me. The Ethernet is fast too.

E1043

I have been using the USB for downloading the application, which i think is a great idea, but with the cab 19, i cant establish comms with the Melsec FX1n plc, ive tried every setting i can think off, once again thanks

Hi,

Take a few screen shots of the peripherals configuration as well as the driver settings. This might give us some clues why it's not establishing communication.

//Supporter

I havnt no, that's the problem with working nights, i tried the cab 19 again last night for at least a couple hours, i even tried to call Mitsubishi at 18:00 hours and got no reply. as you know in peripherals there isnt that many settings to try. peripherals are set to Controller 1
FX series/serial - controller 2 set to none - set to comm 1 for rs422 - baudrate is set to 9600 - even -7 - 1- if i go to properties in peripherals i have selected fx1n - im thinking its either i am missing something very obvious, but i have used the e700&e900 before and never had any problems, or its a driver issue, but i am also using the latest version of E designer, or it is the cab 19, or i am having a meltdown, i have not got my laptop with me so i cant give you the screen shots,and i am not due back at work now until sat, i will make an effort and pick it up, Once again Thank you

E1043

Managed to get hold of a cab 30 lead, set it up can now upload and download to the e-panel, but it takes about 15mins to transfer, and its only one page? Can still not communicate with the Melsec FX1n using a cab 19, i have spoken to Mitsubishi support engineers several times, and gone through all off the comm settings with them and they are all right, I was advised to try another cab 19, i did and still had the same problems, they said it could be the plc, but i can communicate with that without any problems, i was then advised to use the new driver available, so i downloaded all new drivers, that did not work either, Mitsubishi now suspect a faulty hmi, fantastic o_O