binair to decimal

dutchie

D
HI, I have a question. I use a plc S7 314 IFM, and I was asking myself how the binary-decimal system works. Cause when I use a binary code 0001 the decimal output us 256 ... does that mean after a binary there are added 8 zeros or what ?? some xplination please

It depends on which bytes you are reading from and writing to. It looks like you are writing to one byte, and reading back from a word. For instance, if you write a binary 1 to MB10, and then load MW10, you will indeed read 256. But if you load MB10, you'll get back a 1.

You should create a VAT table and look at MB10, MW10, and MD10 in the various formats (int, hex, binary), and you'll see what I mean.

Similar Topics

In S7/TIA Portal, is there a function to round a real to a specified number of decimal places? e.g. If I have 22.519432 and I want to round it to...
Replies
Views
I am using a Micro 850E PLC (the new one with implicit messaging capability) to drive a Kinetix 5100 servo drive. The error code number on the...
Replies
Views
I'm using numeric input enable link tag to PLC DINT type. What I want is for the example in the panel view user will input 350.568 (and shown on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a SINT array I am receiving and one of the positions of this array contains the direction of the product. Inside the ladder...
Replies
Views
Hi, how do i include the fractional part of the position I set for encoder? I have an Omron PLC and using cx programmer. I need to command my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom