Quantum Upgrade

plcengineer

Hey Guys,

I have a customer that has a redundant PLC Hot Backup System with two 140CPU11303 plc's. We are going to add two ethernet modules in the racks Part #140NOE77101. The current program is in Proworx Nxt but the customer has ordered concept v2.6. My question is this, do I need up do a firmware upgrade in the plc's before adding the Ethernet Card? if so, does someone have a plc firmware/ethernet card firmware matrix so we will know compatibility?Since everything is in Ladder, is the conversion to Concept v2.6 pretty painless? Do I add the ethernet card in the rack configuration?

Also, we are adding radios and communications to drives via ethernet.. Would the best way to send/receive data to the radios/drives be to use a MSTR block? If so, does anyone have any documetation or sample code?

Thanks,

Last edited: