Trouble with D0-06DR sending ASCII signals to an LED Board

dmcguire

I have an AD D0-06DR and I'm trying to communicate with an Electroin Displays brand LED message board. I'm fairly new to the PLC game and this is my first project using ASCII format to do anything. I have my port set up according to the instructions given with the LED board. I've tried using the VPRINT and PRINTV commands with no sucess. I'm just trying to get it to display a simple message "hello" on the board when a contact is activated. Any suggestions out there?

Please provide an exact pinout of the cable - 15 pin to 9 pin is not standardized. Please provide a link to data on the display, especially its RS232 port.

Thanks Bernie! That was the problem, now all I need to do is figure out all the protocol commands for the LED Board itself to change color, font etc. I appreciate your help with this!