S5-95U Analog I/O

dcorbett

I have the above CPU. I need to check if the onboard I/O are working. I am viewing it on line with Step 5. I have a manual for it, it has eight AI IW40...IW54, 0 - 10V, and a Analog output QW40 0 - 10V. I can drive a value to the output which I have tested with a meter. I want to use that output to drive the analogue inputs to test them. I have the pin out of the connector however when I connect the output to any of the inputs, the input value stays at KH=0000. Any ideas?

95U_Analog_In_Out.jpg

I have the above CPU. I need to check if the onboard I/O are working. I am viewing it on line with Step 5. I have a manual for it, it has eight AI IW40...IW54, 0 - 10V, and a Analog output QW40 0 - 10V. I can drive a value to the output which I have tested with a meter. I want to use that output to drive the analogue inputs to test them. I have the pin out of the connector however when I connect the output to any of the inputs, the input value stays at KH=0000. Any ideas?

How do you connect? 1-14 and 9-15?

Do you still measure the same V?

I don't remember if one could change the IO-byte numbers in the MASK-DB. Could you check?

Kalle

I'm very new to S5 so I don't know about Mask DB. Using a multimeter I have toned out between pins 9, 11, and 15 so I think that they are linked together inside the CPU. Is it posible that the analogue out cannot source enough current to drive the analogue In?

Hi All,
I found my mistake. I was using viewing IW 40 instead of PW 40 in the Status variable. Using PW I can see that I getting values when I apply a voltage.
Thanks for your help.

Hi!
The MASK DB is probably called DB1 in your manual, and it is a setup interface to the operative system. If you aren't aware of the importance of this DB, it is wise to spend some minutes with the manual.
I only found the manual in German language, and I see one of the codes is about copying the PW into IW. The default is 0 (no copying) by entering OBA: AI 8 all 8 channels will be copied (I hope ;)). The CPU must be restarted after a change.

Kalle

Yes, DB1 is important for various settings.

You can also use FB250 and FB251 (if I remember the FB-numbers correct). They are onboard-FB's and are used to scale analog in- and outputs.